Information we collect
There are two types of information that we may collect:
- Personally Identifiable Information (“personal information”) is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, email address, age range, etc. Personal information is only obtained when you voluntarily provide the information to us. We use personal information to better understand your needs and interests and to provide you with better service. For example, you may be asked to voluntarily submit your email address to us when communicating with us or your name and email address when providing us with your feedback. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, you can be assured it will be used only to support your relationship with us. We take seriously the trust you place in us and will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“non-personal information”) is information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, IP Address, the URL of the previous web site you visited, etc. We may automatically collect certain types of non-personal information from you when using our services. We may also collect non-personal information that you voluntarily provide, such as information included in response to a questionnaire or survey.
and we collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, the information that you provide when submitting a feedback on our services. When you do, you may include your personal information, like your name, email address, or telephone number.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, for example, when you view the contents available to you and interact with our maps, charts, or dashboards. This information includes usage log data that we automatically collect and store in our servers. This includes:
- details of when and how you used our services.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies and similar technologies that we or our partners use to provide our services or to collect and store information that may uniquely identify your browser, your client ID, or your Localintel Account.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Localintel and our users. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
When you contact Localintel, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Localintel may store and process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
We may also use personal information in a manner that does not identify you specifically nor allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about our Site's users in general (such as we may inform third parties about the number of unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed).
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Localintel unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Localintel when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With domain administrators: If you have a Localintel Account, account administrators and individuals who provide user support to you or your organization will have access to your Account information (including your email and other data) and may be able to:
- view analytics regarding your interaction with our services.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
For legal reasons: We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Localintel if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Localintel, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personal information publicly, with our member municipalities, and with our partners. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Localintel and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Localintel employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.